The Eyriens are a warrior race. The books describe them as having tanned skin, black hair, gold eyes and "batlike wings". They are one of the long lived races and can thus live thousands of years. Traditionally a warrior race with a long history of physical fighting, most males are raised to be warriors in hunting camps, while females are forbidden from touching weapons. Their natural enemies are the jhinka, winged scavengers who infest Askavi in both Terreille and Kaeleer.
The Eyriens are most notably found in Askavi Terreille, an extremely mountainous territory. In Kaeleer most Eyriens have settled in Ebon Rih that is run by Lucivar Yaslana, the Warlord Prince of Ebon Rih. The territory was initially founded for Eyriens by Lucivar's 'uncle' Andulvar Yaslana who offered his help to the Rhilanders who were the native race in Ebon Rih.
- Lucivar Yaslana - First Escort of the Dark Court, Warlord Prince of Ebon Rih, son of Luthvian and Saetan SaDiablo, married Marian
- Andulvar Yaslana - former Warlord Prince of Askavi Terreille, demon-dead Master of the Guard of the Dark Court
- Ravenar Yaslana - son of Andulvar and Hekatah
- Prothvar Yaslana- demon-dead First Circle of the Dark Court, son of Ravenar
- Luthvian - Black Widow Healer, mother of Lucivar, descendant of Ravenar
- Marian Yaslana - First Circle of the Dark Court, married Lucivar
- Daemonar Yaslana - son of Lucivar and Marian
- Titian Yaslana - daughter of Lucivar and Marian
- Andulvar Yaslana II - son of Lucivar and Marian
- Falonar - dark-Jewelled Warlord Prince
- Prythian - High Priestess of Askavi Terreille